It's no secret that there are do's and don'ts of making a suggestion. Now, one category of do's and don'ts for making a suggestion is titles. I'm going to discuss this today because I feel that some people don't quite understand what they should title their thread.
What you shouldn't do:
1. Don't write "click to read" or "READ PLS" in your suggestion title. It's immature, pointless, and makes people already have negative thoughts toward your suggestion when they click to read it.
2. Don't be vague. Example: "New Block" or "Epic new mob." That's what the tags are for. Be specific in your suggestion titles.
3. Don't overuse punctuation. Example: "Scorpions in deserts?!!?!?!?!?" Again, this is pointless and doesn't belong in your suggestion title. This is a thread for discussing and idea, not a clickbait YouTube video.
4. DON'T MAKE YOUR TITLE ALL CAPITALIZED LIKE THIS. IT IS NOT NECESSARY.
5. Don't say anything along the lines of, "Really Good Suggestion" in your title. I think everyone knows that you think your suggestion is good. If you don't think your suggestion is good, why are you posting it? Also note that it's better to not put "idea" or "suggestion" in your thread title. We know it's an idea. We can all see the forum title that says "Suggestions."
Examples of a Bad Title: "EPIC NEW BIOME?!?!?!?!?!? (pls read)" & "Really good idea"
What you should do:
1. Make it brief. You don't need to describe everything in the title of your suggestion. Example: "Skeletons Dance To Music Disc 13 & 11," not, "When you play music disc 13 or music disc 11 skeletons in a 10 block radius of the jukebox should dance to it by bobbing their heads up and down." That second one was not even a title; it was a description. Keep it brief!
2. Be specific. Example: "Coconut Crabs: a Danger to Beaches"
3. Use correct capitalization. Example: "New Ore: Platinum," not "new ore: platinum." If you are unsure of how to capitalize titles, some quick research might do you well. It's not the end of the world if you forget to capitalize one word or if you capitalize "a" or "the" when you shouldn't. Just make sure it's not all lowercase.
4. Use correct spelling. If you have access to auto-correct, you can use that. Otherwise you can google the spelling of a word if you don't know. Also, there's this magical red line that will be under misspelled words. (This line will underline things like Minecraft, too though.) Example: "More Boat Customization," not, "More baot costumezation."
5. If you are doing a series of suggestions, indicate what part of the series each thread is in the title. Example: "Better Food: Part 1/2"
Examples of a Good Title: "Couplers: The Fix For Minecarts" & "Tameable Penguins"
I hope this helped anyone that needed tips on how to title their suggestion. If there is something I left out, or you disagree with something on this list, please let me know. Thanks for reading!